Eskayel, the Brooklyn based textile design studio is looking for creative-minded people who are passionate about interiors and sustainable design. Eskayel strives to nurture the relationships we have with our clients, our team, our community, and the environment as we believe the strength of these relationships is important for the mutual growth and success of everyone.
Please see a listing of both general and available positions within the company below. All applications should come with a resume, cover letter explaining how you could contribute to Eskayel.
Customer Service and Sales Associate
Eskayel is in search of a Sales Associate to join our team located in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Our new team member must be extremely personable, highly motivated, and capable of working efficiently as an individual and within a group setting. Over the past two years we’ve seen the team expand and moving forward as the company continues to evolve there will be opportunity for growth and development of the position.
- Field incoming sales inquiries both through email and on the phone from new and existing clientele.
- Cultivate personal relationships with clients to better understand their client’s needs.
- Maintain and manage client interaction records within Eskayel CRM.
- Develop thorough industry and product knowledge.
- Present Eskayel Wallpaper, Fabric, and rugs to design industry professionals, other trade members, and Retail clients both inside and outside of the showroom.
- Producing and routinely updating target client lists and sales strategies.
- Corresponding with our design and sample management team.
- Create reports on sales across categories highlighting trends and weaknesses.
- Manage the ordering process start to finish by creating estimates, invoices, purchase orders and shipping information.
- Communicate with vendors on orders and maintaining a production schedule for clients orders.
- Possesses a positive, can-do attitude.
- Eager to learn and share with others.
- Respectful, punctual, and personable.
- Highly proficient in the Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.
- Experience and working knowledge of CRM environments a big plus but not necessary.
- Experience and working knowledge of quickbooks a big plus but not necessary.
- Design industry experience a plus but not necessary.
- Showroom experience preferred not required.
We offer competitive benefits including Full paid health insurance, dental and vision insurance, 401k, Summer Fridays, generous PTO and a truly amazing work environment.
Intern For School Credit
Eskayel is looking for a creative-minded individuals who are passionate about interiors and sustainable design but who don't mind helping out with detailed sales and administrative tasks as well. Typically our internship program is 16 hours a week and is geared toward current students looking to acquire school credit or experience in a field they are exploring. The internship is unpaid, but includes a daily meal and travel stipend of 30$ a day that is paid bi weekly. Work entails helping our sales associate fill sample orders, helping around the showroom with administrative tasks, cutting samples, updating mailing lists, and working with our creative team on any number of tasks depending on where we are at in our production schedule including website back end maintenance of products, retouching imagery, resizing images, photographing product, making production files for new products, updating Pinterest, and assisting with photoshoots.
This position is integral to our company and applicants should be team players ready and willing to help in all areas of our small, open plan office. A commitment to protecting the earth and a love of our office plants, as well as an enthusiasm to be part of our team are a must! Eskayel strives to nurture the relationships we have with our clients, our team, our community, and the environment as we believe the strength of these relationships is important for the mutual growth and success of everyone.